Find out more
We’re driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace
It’s why we come to work. It’s why we’re in business. It’s how we inspire exceptional performance.
Back in 1883, Sunlight Soap was launched in the UK by our founder – it was pioneering, it was innovative and it had a purpose: to popularise cleanliness and bring it within reach of ordinary people. That was sustainable living, even then. We now have over 400 brands and we are still driven by purpose.
We want to do more good for our planet and our society – not just less harm. We want to act on the social and environmental issues facing the world and we want to enhance people’s lives with our products.
We’ve been pioneers, innovators and future-makers for over 120 years – we plan to continue doing that. And we plan to do it sustainably.
- 190+countrieswhere our brands are available
- 3.4billionpeopleuse our products every day
- €60.1billionturnover in 2022with 59% in emerging markets
- 400+brandsthat are household names
- 14brandshad turnover of more than €1 billionin 2022
- 14brandsin Kantar's top 50 global brands are ours
- No1FMCG employer of choicefor graduates and early career talent in 16 out of our 20 biggest markets
- 54/46 gender balancemanagement (female/male)
- 92%of our leadersare local to their market
- €818mspend with diverse businesses owned by under-represented groups.
- 21%of our plastic packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable.
- 68%reductionin Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions since 2015.
- Making sustainableliving commonplace
- 89yearsbuild sustainable business
- 50%of our directorsare women
- 40+of our brandsare close to Indonesian
- 12categories in FMCG industry,we are the market leader
Unilever in Indonesia
In Indonesia, PT Unilever Indonesia Tbk has been operating since 1933 and became publicly listed in 1982 and its shares are recorded and traded on the Indonesia Stock Exchange. Unilever Indonesia proudly sponsors 40 brands that is divided into 2 segments, namely Home, Beauty & Wellbeing and Personal Care (“B&W and PC”) and Nutrition & Icecream (“N&I”). Unilever Indonesia became publicly listed in 1982 and its shares are listed and traded on the Indonesia Stock Exchange.
Unilever has nine factories, which are located in Cikarang and Rungkut, all factories have obtained Halal certification from the Indonesian Council of Ulama.
Our Vision is to be the global leader in sustainable business. We will demonstrate how our purpose-led, future-fit business model drives superior performance, consistently delivering financial results in the top third of our industry.
The Unilever Compass, our sustainable business strategy, is set out to help us deliver superior performance and drive sustainable and responsible growth, while:
- Improving the health of the planet;
- Improving people's health, confidence and wellbeing; and
- Contributing to a fairer and more socially inclusive world.