Responsibilities of Internal Audit Unit
The IAU is responsible for:
- Identifying and evaluating significant exposures to risk, and contributing to the strengthening of risk management and control systems;
- Assisting the Company in maintaining effective controls by evaluating their effectiveness and efficiency and by promoting continuous improvement to achieve the following conditions:
- Financial and operational information is reliable and has integrity,
- Operations are performed efficiently and achieve effective results,
- Assets are safeguarded, and all actions and decisions of the Company are in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
The IAU prepares its annual audit plan in consultation with the President Director and the Audit Committee. In executing the plan, the IAU coordinates closely with the Board of Commissioners, Board of Directors, and Audit Committee. The IAU makes a written report on the findings, conclusions and recommendations of each audit completed; a summary of this report is submitted to the President Director and the Board of Commissioners.