Pepsodent in Indonesia is committed to improve oral health.
Improving oral care health for over 30 years in Indonesia
Pepsodent is the oldest and most well-known toothpaste in Indonesia, since the beginning of its existence has always provided more than just basic efficacy. Pepsodent was the first toothpaste in Indonesia that launches fluoridated paste back in 1980s and the only paste in Indonesia that actively educates and promotes proper habit of brushing through school program and free dental check up service. Pepsodent has completed its range product from basic cleaning to complete benefit paste ever since.
Pepsodent School Program & Free Dental Check Up
Pepsodent is the only toothpaste brand in Indonesia that really put its mission into action. Cooperation with Indonesian Government of Health and Education Departments and recognized by local dentist association (PDGI), since 1990s Pepsodent has done School Program which is until 2006 it has reached more than 3.2 million children under 12 years old in all over Indonesia and the number still growing. This program promotes proper and early habits of brushing teeth to prevent any dental problems, especially cavities.
Pepsodent understand that many parts of Indonesians have dental problems and also faced with lower ratio of dentist and population itself. That is why Pepsodent Free Dental Check Up program is specifically designed to reach these people by giving free dental treatment & education in fun and approachable way so that with the program, the whole family can have better oral health and good oral habit. It is also an effort to encourage Indonesian people to go to dentist regularly as a part of cavity prevention habit.
Pepsodent Night Brushing Campaign
Habit & Attitude survey has indicated that only about 34 % of Indonesian people brush their teeth before going to bed. Even from clinical research found that in early morning bacterial counts are multiplying two times faster at night than any other time in the day. This implies that bacterial growth increases the most during the night and can increase possibility of cavity. Recent evidence also supports brushing with fluoride toothpaste before going to bed at night due to its extended protect for a longer time at night.
That is why Pepsodent feel the need to use Night Brushing as its health campaign to make Indonesian people brushing their teeth before going to bed at night as a part of cavity prevention habit.
Did you know?
- Dental caries according to WHO is still a major health problem in most industrialized countries as it affects 60%-90% of school-aged children and the vast majority of adults*
- Around 63% of the Indonesian population suffer from serious caries problem, averaging to 1,89 caries per person (Source : Susenas 1998 and SKRT 1995)*
- About 1.3% of the Indonesian population have dental problems every month reaching an average of school or office disturbances of 3,86 daily (Source : National Research & Development Institute, MOH RI; Perception & Motivation from Dental Care Community - National Economic & Social Survey 1998).
In 2006, Pepsodent have launched & relaunched its complete range variant of New Pepsodent :
- Pepsodent Complete 12, which offers a complete benefit but at an affordable prices. Offering larger benefit for its consumer as a part of its effort to pursue its mission
- Pepsodent Sensitive, which offers active ingredient that penetrates through the teeth to relieve the pain from sensitive nerves inside teeth & gum.
- Pepsodent Fighter Toothbrush.
By having these new innovations, Pepsodent covers all range of oral health care for consumers.
- Pepsodent is the leading brand in most Asian Countries with Indonesia and India as the biggest market.
In 2005 Pepsodent is the only one of the toothpaste brand that recognized by FDI, World Dental Federation in addition to local dentist association (PDGI).
From our range
Pepsodent Complete + Gum Care
Pepsodent Milk Teeth Orange
Pepsodent Milk Teeth Strawberry
Pepsodent Cavity Prevention
Pepsodent white now